[OS X TeX] TeXshop, non european fonts and XeTeX

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed May 11 18:54:24 CEST 2005

On 5/11/05 11:43 AM, "Herb Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On 5/11/05 11:19 AM, "Bruno Voisin" <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> More blunder: that was actually correct. I had forgotten I had set
>> earlier, in Terminal:
>>
>>    defaults write TeXShop UseOldHeadingCommands YES
>>
>> and omitted afterwards to reset it back to the default:
>>
>>    defaults write TeXShop UseOldHeadingCommands NO
>>
>> There are some details about this in the file IMPORTANT_README, under
>> "Beware! Changing Encoding Requires Care".
>>
>> This also means that the XeTeX samples should be changed at some
>> point, to reflect TeXShop's new syntax.
>>
>> Hoping I'm not making another mistake this time,
>>
>> Bruno Voisin
>
> Howdy,
>
> I've done that also. while agree that the old style headings interfered with
> a well established method to give TeX information on processing I don't
> understand is why it is so important to NOT accept the old style headings as
> a starting point and not have to change every file I have that didn't have
> the interference problem. I'm sure there are still some .tex files on my
> system I haven't changed; when I come across them I'll change them but I
> don't think problems should arise just reading them into TeXShop or
> processing them without changing them.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Howdy,

I just tried using the line

%!TEX TS-program = context

or

%!TEX TS-program = texexec

at the start of the ConTeXt file.

The bad news is that TeXShop doesn't recognize either of those to choose the
built-in command to run texexec on the file. The good news is that, when
texexec is run manually (actually, via Cmd-Shft-N in TeXShop rather than
Cmd-T) it no longer gets confused by the line; the intended result of
changing the command structure.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>