[OS X TeX] OT: effective Macintosh Trojan in the wild

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 5 14:43:10 CEST 2005

On 5/5/05 3:19 AM, "Thorsten Scheffner" <scheffner at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read the discussion about viruses on mac and want to add one scanner:
> I use clamAV ( http://www.clamav.net ) as antivirus tool with ClamXav (
> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24449 ) as gui
> frontend. It is a freeware scanner for unix, mac and win. It is really
> slow, a scan of my 30 GB-volume took about 2,5 hours and it does not
> find viruses on the classic enviroment. But it seems to "know" a lot of
> different viruses. Worth a look, I think.
>
> On the other hand - Symantec is beta-testing a new version of NAV.
> Maybe this will give us a little more protection.
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Yours
>
> Thorsten

Howdy,

I've been using this also but there are a few things it won't search. It
seems it isn't able to scan .sit files although it can look into other types
of archives. It really needs the ability to drag and drop files for
analysis; the author told me he's working on that for the next iteration.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>