[OS X TeX] TeXShop on Tiger: Reloaded

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed May 4 18:44:15 CEST 2005

Something I just remarked with TeXShop on Tiger: the Preview Window
Magnification doesn't stick. On my setup it's set to 150, but
apparently that's not taken into account; instead, it seems Fit to
Window is always applied when a document is opened.

What I also miss is no longer having Fit to Width as an available
magnification. It seems there's now only Fit to Window, with
different effects depending on whether Default Page Style is set to
Single Page or Multi-Page:

- In Single Page, the magnification is set such that the whole page
fits within the window.

- In Multi-Page, it is set such that the page width occupies the
whole width of the window.

That makes sense.

Thanks, in any case, for having fixed the bug in which, in previous
versions of TeXShop, when moving one page up or down, the lateral
centering of the page was lost.

A request: keyboard shortcuts for scrolling up or down, and also one
page up or down. It would be nice to be able to scroll a whole
document without having to use the mouse. Wait! After trying some key
combinations, it seems you can actually do this: Space scrolls one
screen down, and Shift-Space one screen up.

A suggestion: something convenient in recent applications like Pages
and Keynote (from iWork) is in the Help menu, in addition to the Help
item itself, another Keyboard Shortcuts item opening a separate help
document (in Help Viewer) containing a table of all keyboard
shortcuts for the application.

I second the request, made last week-end, of being able to hard-wrap
text in TexShop. Possibly a switch enabling "Hard Wrap As You Type",
and a command "Hard Wrap", pretty much as for spell checking.

Finally: is it planned at some point to add to TeXShop the ability to
Cmd-Drag for discontinuous selection, and Alt-Drag for column
selection, as now allowed by NSTextView? (As I don't know whether
TeXShop uses NSTextView, this suggestion may make no sense at all.)

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>