[OS X TeX] Typesetting info for TeXShop 2.01 documents

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed May 4 15:43:37 CEST 2005

Folks,

Thanks to Bruno for explaining his problem. I'll revise IMPORTANT_README
to tell users exactly how to convert UTF-8 files.

To convert an XeTeX project, I recommend opening TeXShop from scratch,
opening Preferences and setting the encoding preference to UTF-8
Unicode,
and then opening the files one by one and changing their encoding
lines. Save
all of the changed files. As a final step, switch TeXShop's encoding
preference
back to its original value.

The trouble with having TeXShop recognize the old syntax in addition
to the
new one is that it defeats the purpose of the fix. The "%&" syntax is
reserved
for tex itself.

Dick

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>