[OS X TeX] Spotlight importers

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue May 3 16:36:32 CEST 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 07:31, Fernando Pereira wrote:

> On May 3, 2005, at 10:00 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>

>> Thanks to Ralph and Bruno for the bug reports; I've made the
>> BibImporter more careful about adding objects to arrays, so you
>> shouldn't see those "attempt to insert nil" exceptions any more.
>> I also fixed a memory leak, so please update BibImporter (same
>> URL): <http://homepage.mac.com/amaxwell/>.
>>

> I downloaded the latest version and tried to index my home
> directory, where I have lots of .bib files. To stop mdimport from
> looking at all of the files, I specified BibImporter with the -r
> option. Surprisingly, I'm getting a slew of messages indicating
> that all of my OmniGraffle files are being imported:
>
> 2005-05-03 10:30:21.739 mdimport[22030] Importing pathToFile='/
> Users/pereira/Documents/Research/collab/figs/flow.graffle',
> contentTypeUTI='com.omnigroup.omnigraffle.graffle'
>
> Hum...

That's odd.  I certainly didn't claim the OmniGraffle UTI, so
BibImporter isn't reading those files (unless your LaunchServices
cache is really corrupt).  Probably -r doesn't exclude other files
from being imported (Omni has a Spotlight plugin for the latest
OmniGraffle), so it's picking them up as well.

Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>