[OS X TeX] Equation editors

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 3 08:42:32 CEST 2005

Being on the Pages and Keynote forums for another reason (looking for
a way to get rid of the two Help menus appearing in both Pages and
Keynote after installing Tiger, and apparently triggered by the
presence of DivX), I found a thread "Scientific writing" asking for
ways to write equations in Pages, and contributed to it <http://
discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14 at 915.DUSua4lxQRE.0@.68ae3790> by
mentioning the 4 LaTeX equation editors I'm aware of (Equation
Service, LaTeX Equation Editor, LaTeXiT and TeXType).

Since I'm not a daily user of equation editors, I may have posted
incorrect information. Please feel free to go ahead and contribute to
that thread.

Two related questions:

- The TeXType URL <http://homepage.mac.com/yujit_achikawa/
textype.html> doesn't seem to be working anymore.

- Is there a specific location for Keynote plugins (for example
inside /Library/Application Support/iWork/), other than inside the
application itself? I've not installed TeXType so far, as I'm
reluctant to install the LinkBack plugin which apparently has to go
inside this application, which I'm not willing to modify.

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>