[OS X TeX] iinstaller packages are not documents

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 4 19:43:06 CET 2005

On 4 mrt 2005, at 19:23, Joachim Kock wrote:

> My personal opinion does not have much weight, so it would be
> useful to hear if others have any comments on this issue.

I personally think that this horse is dead.

You can (and maybe should) change the default location yourself
in the preferences. I keep 'em on an external disk, saves download
time on multiple macs.

I agree that ~/Documents is not the most pleasant of choices, especially
in light of making backups -- mail is stored in ~/Library as well, you
do
want a backup) but honestly I do not know a better solution
(~/Library/Application Support is an option,
/Users/Shared/i-Packages could be another option).

I don't know of any issues in changing the default in i-Installer if
someone
never changed the default value in the first place (IIRC, that value
isn't stored
in the preferences file, and changing the default may cause issues if
someone
updates i-Installer after the default value is altered).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>