[OS X TeX] Viewing PostScript in Carbon and save trees

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 2 15:00:00 CET 2005

On 2 mrt 2005, at 14:01, Johan Glimming wrote:

> Preview - which unfortunately
>     creates .ps files and renders PostScript in 50% of all cases.
>     The other 50% have corrrupt characters.

??

As far as I know preview uses the Adobe OEM PS to PDF converter to
handle postscript. In other words: it is as close to the Adobe PS
standard as possible. So either the PS was corrupt in the first place,
or something else is wrong.

What do you mean by "creates .ps file"? It translates the ps into (Mac
OS X native) pdf, and renders that. Nothing wrong with that as far as I
can see.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>