[OS X TeX] Cmd < and Cmd >

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jun 29 15:33:57 CEST 2005

Le 29 juin 05 à 15:16, Friedrich Vosberg a écrit :

> is somebody able to explain for greenhorns how to get back the
> former functionality of Cmd > and Cmd < for windows toggeling on
> german keyboards? I read the discussion about this topic but I fear
> the consequences of selfmade changes in deep-inside files.

1) Install Xcode, in case you don't have it. If you don't have it on
CD or DVD, go to the Apple Developer's site <http://
developer.apple.com/> and click on "Not a Member?" to join in. It's
free (the Online membership, that is, not the select or Premier ones
for which you have to pay). Afterwards you'll be able to log in, and
go to a downloads page to download Xcode <https://connect.apple.com/
cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?
fileID=19729&source=VSPA_PROD-DEV&code=VSPA_2005-01>.

2) For safety, make a copy of the TeXShop application on your Desktop.

3) Back to /Applications, Ctrl-Click on TeXShop and select "Show
Package Content" in the pop-up that appears.

4) Inside the new TeXShop window, navigate to Contents/Resources/
German.lproj/ (depending on your selected language in System Prefs/
International).

5) Double-click MainMenu.nib, and in the menu bar window that appears
select Format then the line whose shortcut you're willing to change.
After that it's all straightforward (replacing Cmd-> and Cmd-< by Cmd-
[ and Cmd-], for example).

6) Use this modified TeXShop and after a few days, if all goes well,
delete the unmodified copy.

7) When Dick Koch releases the next version of TeXShop, containing
already a fix for this issue, delete your customized copy and install
the new version.

Hope this helps,

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>