[OS X TeX] [OT] Postgres->Python->LaTeX

Stephan Hochhaus stephan at yauh.de
Tue Jun 28 22:01:45 CEST 2005

Am 28.06.2005 um 14:39 schrieb Christian Heine:

> Would be very grateful for suggestions, pointers in the right
> direction and shared experiences, happy to receive comments off-list!
Maybe this FAQ entry helps:
http://latex.yauh.de/faq/index.php?
aktion=artikel&rubrik=008&id=49&lang=en

It talks about extracting data from a (My)SQL database, which
shouldn't be very different from pgsql. Although texdbi ( http://
freshmeat.net/projects/texdbi/ ) is not under active development
anymore it should be quite easy to extract data from a SQL database
and addd some LaTeX markup. Since I have no Python knowledge I'd use
Perl, which has a database independet approach (DBI) and then I'd
fetch the relevant data to an array or a variable and do something
along these lines:
$table_row = "$sql_query[0] & $sql_query[1] & $sql_query[2] \\";

Well, in general you'd only constuct the tex textfile using python/
perl/php and that would require some (rather basic) programming
skills. If you need any more help I'd gladly give you a hand and
support you in developing a solution, although only if you decide to
use perl/php.

Stephan
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>