[OS X TeX] is terminal sufficient?

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Tue Jun 28 19:28:28 CEST 2005

On Jun 28, 2005, at 11:47 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 28 juin 05 à 17:25, Aaron Jackson a écrit :
>
>> TeX, like every other ancient UNIX program, was designed to use the
>> terminal because GUI's didn't exist.  The only thing that TexShop
>> provides is a nice easy non-UNIX way to edit documents.  I suppose a
>> purest would consider that lazy...
>
> In Tiger, ...

I guess I shouldn't have said "The only thing..."  as there are several
other nice things that you get using TexShop or iTexMac.  However, if
the OP doesn't need any of the fancy features, using TeX via the
command line is fine also.  Bottom line: Edit your documents in
whatever you prefer, but most people prefer to use TexShop, iTexMac or
similar.

Aaron
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>