[OS X TeX] TeXShop/PdfTeX output resolution at 2400 dpi

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 24 15:11:20 CEST 2005

On Jun 24, 2005, at 7:54 AM, ITS Mail wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I need to make sure that the resolution of my final PDF is at least
> 2400
> dpi to send to a printing house. What is the best way to check and
> customise this using TeXShop/teTeX? I have not been able to find an
> answer to this browsing the web, and I would really appreciate your
> advice before meddling with any configuration files. I am using PdfTeX
> as TeXShop's default.
>
> Muchas gracias in advance!
> Salvete,
> Juan

Howdy,

If you're talking about fonts you shouldn't have any problems since
the standard fonts used now are Postscript Type 1 which are not bit
mapped so they look good at any resolution. If you're talking about
included graphics then the resolution will depend upon the particular
graphic if it's bit mapped.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>