[OS X TeX] TeX request

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Fri Jun 24 14:25:41 CEST 2005

> Which seems to make 376 digits. I'm impressed, and curious about your
> envelope: which algorithm did you use? Stirling's formula?

It wasn't my back-of-the-envelope, but here's a simple way. A sum of
the base 10 logarithms of 1 to 200 gives 375. It's not exactly a
general method, but it works very well for any base and for functions
that use multiplication, and it can be done very quickly on a computer.

Chris

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>