[OS X TeX] Cmd < and Cmd >

Jan Hegewald j.hegewald at tu-bs.de
Fri Jun 24 10:57:52 CEST 2005

Hello,

Am 17.06.2005 um 04:37 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> On Jun 16, 2005, at 4:50 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>

>> Le 16 juin 05 à 20:55, Friedrich Vosberg a écrit :
>>

>>> Sorry, but it gives me the willies, I type Cmd > and the windows
>>> don't toggle. All of my -- really abolute with no exception --
>>> applications that I use toggle the windows when typing Cmd >. But
>>> not TeXShop (German) 2.03.
>>>
>>> It drives me crazy! Is there anywhere outside there a dirty hack
>>> to get back the Cmd > for toggling the windows?
>>>

>> Given Cmd-< and Cmd-> are used by TeXShop to indent and unindent
>> lines, the OS X meanings of these shortcuts (for toggling windows)
>> cannot work any longer in TeXShop.
>>
>> Only hope: change TeXShop's keyboard shortcuts, to something else
>> than Cmd-< and Cmd->. This is supposedly done by editing ~/Library/
>> TeXShop/Menus/KeyEquivalents.plist, but IIRC recent posts on this
>> list there's something broken in this file at the moment.
>>
>> Bruno Voisin
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Nothing broken that can't be easily fixed by removing both long
> comments after using the examples there to make your changes.

I can´t get this to work here. All I want to do is remove cmd-< from
TeXShop´s keyboard shortcuts. I added

     <key>4</key>
     <dict>
         <key>4</key>
         <array>
             <string></string>
             <false/>
             <false/>
         </array>
     </dict>

to ~/Library/TeXShop/Menus/KeyEquivalents.plist inside an uncommented
toplevel <dict></dict> statement. Nothing changes if I restart
TeXShop. What to do?

TIA,

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>