[OS X TeX] Auto bounding box for LaTeX document ?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 21 21:52:07 CEST 2005

On 21 Jun 2005, at 15:19, Pierre Chatelier wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> Not quite one step but it seems to work (...) run pdfcrop
>
> Yes, it is a solution, but pdfcrop is not available with every
> latex distribution. And my problem is in fact to use pdflatex in
> LaTeXiT instead of (latex, dvips, epstopdf), so I cannot rely on
> the the fact that pdfcrop is available.

For some background info: http://www.xs4all.nl/~msneep/articles/
baseline.html

You can do it in a single step: the preview package does that for
you, and it works with all displayed and in-line material. The
problem is that you don't get a baseline offset (but neither does
using pdfcrop). If someone has an idea for obtaining the baseline
offset while still accepting multi-line equations, I'm all ears.

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>