[OS X TeX] Cmd < and Cmd >

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Fri Jun 17 00:25:13 CEST 2005

Am 16.06.2005 um 20:55 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

> Sorry, but it gives me the willies, I type Cmd > and the windows
> don't toggle. All of my -- really abolute with no exception --
> applications that I use toggle the windows when typing Cmd >. But
> not TeXShop (German) 2.03.

If I understand it correctly, the problem is that Apple has decided
to map the "toggle windows" features to a actual key on the keyboard
(the one next to the left shift key). Since this key is mapped to
different characters depending on your system language, this causes
problems in specific system languages only, iirc German and French.
This is really annoying, since a developer who uses another language
will not recognize the problem. OmniOutliner has the same problem,
for example.

> It drives me crazy! Is there anywhere outside there a dirty hack to
> get back the Cmd > for toggling the windows?

You can edit the Mainmenu.nib in the TeXShop package. This has worked
for me.
Please ask if you need detailed instructions.

But I just saw Dick's post, so you might want to wait for the next
version which fixes the problem.

Best,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>