[OS X TeX] TeXShop: coloring sectioning commands

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 16 16:38:45 CEST 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 8:42 AM, ITS Mail wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I wonder if someone can help me make TeXShop show all sectioning
> commands (i.e. \chapter\section\subsub ... etc.) in a colour different
> from the one of the other commands. This feature proves quite helpful
> when working on long, command-full documents.
>
> I have tried playing a little with the instructions under "Hidden
> preferences" in the help files, but I really don't know what I am
> doing.
>
> Salvete comites
>
> Juan

Howdy,

I don't know if this helps or not but sectioning commands
automatically are placed in the `tags' drop down in the toolbar of
the text (.tex) file window. Pick one of those and you'll
automatically be taken to that sectioning command.

You by adding a line

%:tagname

to a file you can add tagname to the tag list and jump to it quickly.
You can quickly add the `%:' by using the Cmd-2 keyboard shortcut.

Hope this helps.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>