[OS X TeX] "Can't find" problem using Daniel Steffen's mytex script

Ian Morrison imorrison at rcn.com
Wed Jun 15 01:27:57 CEST 2005

I have been trying to follow instructions kindly sent by Daniel Steffen
(amplifying a post here:
http://w3.msi.vxu.se/~pku/MacOSX_TeX/2003a/msg02510.htm) to use his
"mytex" script in conjunction with the "ldump.sty" to create on the fly
formats. I have double checked that everything he suggests has been
done and yet I am getting a "Can't find the required tool" error from
TeXShop which I cannot understand or eliminate. I have Daniel's script
and suitable symlinks in my /bin. The TeXShop "Misc" preferences pane
gives full paths to his scripts (/Users/towers/bin/mypdftex and
/Users/towers/bin/mypdflatex) and I have "personal script" selected as
my default script in the "Typesetting" preferences pane. But when I
typeset (any flavor) I get a "Can't find the required tool" error which
goes on to claim that "/Users/towers/bin/mypdflatex" does not exist.

What needs to be hooked up to get this to work?

Ian Morrison
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>