[OS X TeX] Font problem?

François G. Schmitt Francois.Schmitt at univ-lille1.fr
Thu Jun 9 18:16:53 CEST 2005

> Your path is not set correctly.  However, the i-installer should have
> properly set this for you.  You can try to set it yourself so you can
> run texhash to see if that fixes your font problem.  If you have bash
> type:
>
> PATH=/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:$PATH
> export PATH
>
> or if you have tcsh type:
>
> setenv PATH /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:$PATH
>
> The problem is that whichever of the above commands works needs to be
> in either ~/.bashrc or ~/.tcshrc respectively to make it permanent,
> but you should never have to do this if everything was installed
> properly in the first place (the path is changed in the system
> initialization file not your personal initialization file).

I have changed the path (using the first alternative using bash):
the command 'sudo texhash' now runs, but other commands are not found:
sudo texhash
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/texhash: line 2:
sort: command not found
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/texhash: line 2:
uniq: command not found
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/texhash: line 147:
tty: command not found

BTW I could not find the folder  ~/.bashrc:
cd ~/.bashrc
-bash: cd: /Users/francois_schmitt/.bashrc: No such file or directory

> The only thing that I can suggest is to do a reinstall (nothing needs
> to be cleaned up beforehand), but keep careful note of exactly what
> you do.  That way somebody on this list will be able to spot what is
> going wrong.  You are experiencing problems that should not occur...

I will follow this advice.
thanks
Francois Schmitt

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>