[OS X TeX] Font problem?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 9 18:05:41 CEST 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Aaron Jackson wrote:

> Your path is not set correctly.  However, the i-installer should
> have properly set this for you.  You can try to set it yourself so
> you can run texhash to see if that fixes your font problem.  If you
> have bash type:
>
> PATH=/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:$PATH
> export PATH
>
> or if you have tcsh type:
>
> setenv PATH /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:$PATH
>
> The problem is that whichever of the above commands works needs to
> be in either ~/.bashrc or ~/.tcshrc respectively to make it
> permanent, but you should never have to do this if everything was
> installed properly in the first place (the path is changed in the
> system initialization file not your personal initialization file).
>
> The only thing that I can suggest is to do a reinstall (nothing
> needs to be cleaned up beforehand), but keep careful note of
> exactly what you do.  That way somebody on this list will be able
> to spot what is going wrong.  You are experiencing problems that
> should not occur...
>
> Aaron

Howdy,

It may be that the CLI option was not checked when the i-installer
did the TeX Configuration step. The easiest way around this is to re-
run the Configuration stage of the TeX i-package. Do an `Expert'
install and uncheck everything except but the CLI option. That will
have the proper changes made to /etc/profile, etc., so that the
proper paths are followed.

By the way, if the Ghostscript i-package is installed I think /usr/
local/bin/ should also be part of the $PATH. Is that there?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>