[OS X TeX] Font problem?

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Thu Jun 9 15:38:43 CEST 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 9:20 AM, François G. Schmitt wrote:

> Thanks for the several comments I received. Here are some answers.
>
>> How did you install tex?  You seem to be missing the cmextra fonts,
>> but I think they are part of the base install.
>>
>> Aaron
>
> I installed everything listed using the i-Installer.
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> How did you re-install ``all the indicated files''? Was it via
>> i-installer or directly from teTeX/TeXLive? It looks like the system
>> is not finding the Computer Modern .pfb files. That could just be
>> that you need to run `sudo texhash' in Terminal or maybe worse.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>
> I tried to run `sudo texhash'  but I get 'sudo: texhash: command not
> found'. is there something to be done before? I am not using Terminal
> very often.

The command texhash is part of the base install and should be there.
So, either your path is not set properly, or something is seriously
wrong with your tex install.  At this point it is a mystery as to what
is going wrong.  Try the following:

ls -la /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/texhash

you should get the following result:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  admin  8 30 Mar 18:10
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/texhash@ -> mktexlsr

You could always just try to reinstall using the i-installer.  This is
a bit drastic, but sometimes it helps to fix what's broken and saves
the time that would otherwise be spent debugging.

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>