[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk 1.1
amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Jun 8 07:07:40 CEST 2005
The BibDesk development team is pleased to announce that version 1.1
is available for download at <http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/>.
There are some major changes in this version, so it should probably
be considered a beta release; as usual with beta releases, don't use
it to overwrite the only copy of your .bib file!
Items using the BibTeX crossref field are now searchable and
sortable, and inherited fields are displayed in the main pubs list
and the editor. Please see the online help for notes on editing
(preferences, new menu items, and drag-and-drop).
Any problems should be reported on the SourceForge Tracker at <http://
Complete release notes follow:
Changes since 1.0
• Crossref support implemented (RFE 1175264).
• The "add publication from..." items now have autocompletion
enabled when editing (RFE 1213519)
• Added a preference option for cleaning TeX commands or braces
from format strings for AutoFile and auto cite key generation
• The Macro editing list now has type-ahead find, so you can
select an item in the list by typing part of its title (handy for
looking up definitions)
• RIS value of a publication is now accessible from AppleScript
• Online version checking should be more effective; previous
versions considered 1.0RC2 to be newer than 1.0
• Refer to the correct anchor in the Help for help buttons (bug
• Undefined fields are now handled correctly in AppleScript.
Fields are added if necessary, and an empty string is returned if the
value is undefined. 'All fields' will now return all defined fields,
not just non-empty fields.
• Copy and Cut menu items should now be disabled when there is no
--------------------- Info ---------------------
Mac-TeX Website: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
& FAQ: http://latex.yauh.de/faq/
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>
More information about the macostex-archives