[OS X TeX] HA-Prosper and gwtex - question of a gwtex newbie

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Jun 5 14:42:33 CEST 2005

Le 5 juin 05 à 14:14, Johannes Brauer a écrit :

> recently I used OzTex + HA-Prosper package + Acrobat distiller for
> producing my slides. Now I am trying to switch from OzTex to the
> gwTeX-Distribution. But all my files, which I could tex without any
> errors using OzTex, create the following error message, if I use
> gwTeX:
>
> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3)
>  \write18 enabled.
> output format initialized to PDF
> entering extended mode
> [...]
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/pstricks/pstricks.sty
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.tex
> `PSTricks' v1.04  <2004/06/22> (tvz)
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/pstricks/
> pstricks.con))

You seem to be using the pstricks package with pdfTeX. That can't
work, with pdfTeX you need to use derivative versions of pstricks,
designed to work with the PDF format.

The easiest fix: use TeX + dvips + GhostScript instead of pdfTeX. In
case you're using TeXShop, this is done by selecting TeX +
GhostScript in Prefs/Typeset, or TeX + GhostScript in the Typeset menu.

HTH,

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>