[OS X TeX] fractions with arrows

scheissenochmal2003 at yahoo.de scheissenochmal2003 at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 5 12:22:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

quick and dirty, you could try something like

   \documentclass{report}
   \usepackage{amssymb,graphics}

   \begin{document}
   \raisebox{-0.4ex}{\scalebox{0.8}{\rotatebox{90}{$\curvearrowleft$}}}
    $\frac{A}{B}$
   \raisebox{1.6ex}{\scalebox{0.8}{\rotatebox{270}{$\curvearrowleft$}}}
   \end{document}

and fiddle around with the sizing and positioning to match the fonts
that you want to use. You need the graphics Package to be able to use
\rotatebox as far as I know.

If you have to use such arrows more regularly, you could also define them:

\newcommand{\curvedarrowbottom}{\raisebox{-0.4ex}{\scalebox{0.8}{\rotatebox{90}{$\curvearrowleft$}}}}
\newcommand{\curvedarrowtop}{\raisebox{1.6ex}{\scalebox{0.8}{\rotatebox{270}{$\curvearrowleft$}}}}

Good luck,
Stephan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>