[OS X TeX] Re: Functionality for collaborative work in TeXShop?
Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jun 4 13:33:27 CEST 2005
Am 03.06.2005 um 18:17 schrieb Joseph C. Slater:
> The problem is that I have multiple groups and don't have them
> isolated. Everybody had to have access to the main directory with rw
> privs (maybe x, I don't recall).
Could be this is a good way to set up:
• create a group cvs(_all) that has all CVS users
• the CVS root directory is owned by cvs(_all):cvs
• for every CVS project you create a new cvs_group, users can be in
more than one group
• every project's root directory is located in the CVS root directory
but owned by specific cvs_group:cvs
• make every CVS data directory be 3775 (drwxrwsr-t 101 Admin admin
3434 2 Jun 15:47 /Users/Shared/Dokumentation) and every
non-administrative file 664
Besides you can give the cvs user account, i.e. the owner of all CVS
stuff, an environment variable variable CVSUMASK that sets permissions
for newly created directories or files.
Have you checked http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/CVSSUA.html?
"engineer: a mechanism for converting caffeine into designs"
--------------------- Info ---------------------
Mac-TeX Website: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
& FAQ: http://latex.yauh.de/faq/
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>
More information about the macostex-archives