[OS X TeX] Problem with cocoAspell in Tiger

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jun 2 02:18:55 CEST 2005

My experiences with Tiger are quite the opposite and I wouldn't like
to miss it. My general impression is that the System software (memory
management, repairing permissions, copying, etc.,....), Safari,
Preview and of course TeXShop are running much smoother and faster -
in the case of Preview and TS this is certainly due to PDFKit.
Running pdflatex, including the displaying of the pdf file, or
Flashmode, e.g., is much faster.

Since I am no expert I can only speculate what could have caused
Bruno's opposite impression, but it might be due to the different
CPUs: Maybe one will need a G5, or even one with 2 CPUs, to take
advantage of Tiger.

Let me also add, since Bruno mentioned his PowerBook and many members
of this list also seem to be proud owners of a PowerBook, that a
PowerBook is certainly a nice computer, but it is not supposed to be
a substitute for a real workstation, it is only meant to be a mobile
solution.

Claus

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>