[OS X TeX] Multicol help

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Wed Jun 1 19:55:19 CEST 2005

> If I understand you right, you three columns containing enumerated
> lists each. What you don't like, is that the items are output like
>
> 	1.a	1.b
> 			1.c
> 	2.d	2.e
> 			2.f
> 	3.g	3.h

Yes, that's the second output appearance I don't like. However, it's
within a single enumerate environment, not multiple ones.

	1.a	4.b
			7.c
	2.d	5.e
			8.f
	3.g	6.h

I would like this to appear as

1.a 4.d 7.g
2.b 5.e 8.h
3.c 6.f

Since where they wrap varies based on what the booleans for
ifthenelse{boolean}{}{} statements are, I cannot simply start a new
enumerate environment and place set enumi to the appropriate number.

The other problem I mentioned appears as

1. aaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaa 5. eeeeeee
aaaaaaaaaa eeeeeeeeee
2. bbbbbbb eeeeeeeeee
bbbbbbbbbb 6. fffffff
bbbbbbbbbb ffffffffff
bbbbbbbbbb ffffffffff
3.cccccccc 7. ggggggg
cccccccccc gggggggggg
cccccccccc gggggggggg
cccccccccc gggggggggg
4. ddddddd gggggggggg
dddddddddd gggggggggg
dddddddddd

instead of the normal output of

1. aaaaaaa 5. eeeeeee
aaaaaaaaaa eeeeeeeeee
aaaaaaaaaa eeeeeeeeee
2. bbbbbbb 6. fffffff
bbbbbbbbbb ffffffffff
bbbbbbbbbb ffffffffff
bbbbbbbbbb 7. ggggggg
3.cccccccc gggggggggg
cccccccccc gggggggggg
cccccccccc gggggggggg
cccccccccc gggggggggg
4. ddddddd gggggggggg
dddddddddd
dddddddddd

I almost all instances I get the second one, but sometimes I get the
first one, and it looks bad.

Thanks,
Chris

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>