[OS X TeX] Animated Graphs

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jul 29 15:33:26 CEST 2005

Le 29 juil. 05 à 15:10, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Now that Gary Gray has gotten me excited about using Keynote 2 with
> LaTeXiT (and the LinkBack Plugin) I'm starting to think about
> putting together a talk about relativity for my astronomy club.
> Yes, I'll addd a few equations (hey, it has to be relevant to TeX!)
> but I'd like to back up the equations with some animated graphs
> (i.e., ones that start out with an empty piece of graph paper and
> then slowly fill in the function) since that would help visualize
> what the equation is telling the audience. Does anyone know of a
> nice way to produce animated graphs? Preferably freeware!

Once I used a slightly different effect in Keynote 1: showing a
scatter plot of experimental data points, and then adding on top of
it a theoretical curve (or fit, for that matter).

This was done simply by using transitions in Keynote itself: having
the two plots (scatter plot, without and with the theoretical curve)
in two slides at exactly the same position, and using the Dissolve
transition between the slides.

I haven't used Keynote 2 much since getting it, but with its added
functionalities I imagine things could be even simpler: setting maybe
a transition for the plot object itself, without needing to use 2
different slides.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>