[OS X TeX] Stupid question on TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jul 27 14:42:28 CEST 2005

A certainly stupid question: where is Windows Latin 1 encoding in
TeXShop's Document preference panel? I can see Mac OS Roman and Iso
Latin 1, as well as a bunch of other encodings, but not Windows Latin
1. Is it there under a different name? I searched the help with no luck.

Reason for asking this: I'm trying to help a colleague working with
MikTeX and WinEdit on a Windows PC collaborate with a beginner TeX
user on a Mac with TeXShop; both need accented characters. After
trial-and-error we've found out WinEdit uses Windows Latin 1 encoding
(we've not been able to find any pref setting the encoding in
WinEdit), leading to \usepackage[ansinew]{inputenc}. It thus would
help to set TeXShop to use Windows Latin 1 as well, or at least to be
able to import Windows Latin 1 files (rather than requiring separate
installation of an encoding converter such as Cyclone).

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>