[OS X TeX] Fwd: [pdftex] using OpenType fonts in LaTeX

Jonas Wellendorf Jonas.Wellendorf at cms.uib.no
Wed Jul 27 13:25:11 CEST 2005

Den 26. jul. 2005 kl. 02.17 skrev Ross Moore:

> This message from the  pdftex  mailing-list may be of interest...
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> I've finally worked out how to install and use OpenType fonts with
>> LaTeX and I've written a little webpage to help others in the same
>> position:
>>
>> http://members.fortunecity.com/odradek5/otf-LaTeX/index.html

I have decided to try out this font installation procedure but have
one question:
I always have the line \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} in my preamble. The
procedure described on the webpage uses the LY1 encoding. Does this
mean that I should change all instances of LY1 in the commands to T1?

One of the commands is:
otftotfm -a -e texnansx ACaslonPro-Regular.otf -fpnum -fonum -fkern -
fliga --altselector-char=® --force LY1--ACaslonPro-Regular

Thank you,
Jonas W.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>