[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.3 released

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Fri Jul 22 11:40:48 CEST 2005

> Wouldn't it work better to create the icon in an extra LaTeX
> process for a small quadratic paper where it is made up up to a few
> times to fit on that small page? This is than scaled down to the
> usual icon size and used for PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG ... maybe with
> the default Mac OS X symbol as a transparent background?
I think that no one would like time penalty (and yes, an extra LaTeX
processing would be) just to get a nice icon. Keep in mind that this
discussion about this icon is much ado for not so much ;-)
Actually, the graphics type can be seen in the extension of the file.
For the graphics content, I won't hide that I personnaly prefer my
friendly icon (in the context of what these images are, of course),
and I feel like extend its use not only to pdf and eps, but also
jpeg, tiff and png. Unless anyone stops me for doing something
totally silly.

Regards,

Pierre
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>