[OS X TeX] Texshop crashed

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Thu Jul 21 15:15:28 CEST 2005

On Jul 21, 2005, at 8:08 AM, Jonas Wellendorf wrote:

> Texshop has crashed  on me three or four times recently. Each time
> the application closes down as soon as the typeset pdf-document
> appears on the screen after typesetting with Latex.
>
> I am working on two documents, one longer with around 200 pages of
> text, and one short document with two jpg-files in it (6 MB each).
> Both documents compile without problems most of the time.
>
> Could this be a memory related problem? Or has this something to do
> with the OS?

This happens rather frequently to me too and I have 2GB of RAM. I
have noticed that it tends to happen as it is trying to preview a
large document immediately after typesetting is complete. Re-opening
the document after the crash always properly displays the document.
Anyway, I reported this to Dick Koch several weeks ago (along with
crash reports), so I know that he is aware of the problem. Of course,
more people reporting it may also move it up his priority list. :-)

-- Gary
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>