[OS X TeX] Package "HTML"

Marek Stepanek mstep at t-online.de
Sun Jul 17 15:43:23 CEST 2005

On 17.07.2005 14:36, "Herbert Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> You installed it in the wrong place. If anything it should go into
> the texmf.local branch, not texmf.gwtex since that will get
> overwritten at the next update. You should also install it into ..../
> texmf.local/tex/latex/ or a sub-directory in that directory. It may
> even be best if you put it into your personal tree at ~/Library/texmf/
> tex/latex/ since that requires no `sudo texhash`. Finally, it most
> definitely should work if it's in the same directory as the original
> file!
>
> You've got other problems. I'm not sure what the requirements of the
> html package are but if it generates raw postscript you must use the
> tex+ghostscript processing. Is the purpose of the rawhtml environment
> to pretty-print the raw html code? What kind of error messages do you
> get when the html.sty file is in the same directory as the main file?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Thank you Herb,

this is really confusing for a beginner to understand the TeX and LaTeX
folder structure. (I know there is one file explaining it, don't know just
now! :)

I moved everything as you suggested to :

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex

here I did not found the folder "latex". I created that beast, moved the
folder

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/html/

with the file html.sty to

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/html/

after a sudo texhash everything is "compiling" well in TeXShop.

Only the links are not clickable, which is probably not the intention of
this "html.sty". I am really wondering, what is this thingy doing, except
striping out some little html-code.

In any case thank you once again, for this good lesson :-)

marek

        the embassy for talented young musicians
    Podium International | Marek Stepanek | mstep at PodiumInternational.org
        http://www.PodiumInternational.org

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>