[OS X TeX] [ANN] TCOBrowser-0.84

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Jul 10 16:37:52 CEST 2005

On Jul 10, 2005, at 05:05, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 10.07.2005 um 04:45 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell:
>

>>> 2005-07-09 22:09:00.524 TCOBrowser[20138] Binding selectedObject
>>> cannot be bound to <NSUserDefaultsController: 0x137bc0>[applies
>>> immediately: YES]
>>>

>> Under what circumstances did you see this message?  I haven't seen
>> it, but I've done almost no testing with Panther, since I have to
>> reboot into Tiger to recompile after making any changes to the code.
>>

> This happened when I first launched TCOBrowser 0.84 and the README
> opened too. I can reproduce it now ...

I don't see it here, but I'll check into it.

>> Sorry about that, but I'm just not sure what to tell you.  If you
>> have Interface Builder, try opening up TCOBrowser's
>> MainWindow.nib, double-click on the "web drawer" view, select the
>> WebView and hit cmd-shift-i to get info on it, then uncheck
>> "Enable plug-ins" and see how it goes.  If that doesn't make
>> sense, I can send you a build with that done.
>>

> This seems to be a routine that comes in when the first attempt to
> load a plug-in fails. So it asks the user to choose an external
> application.

I'm using a really basic web view, so I've no idea what's wrong here.

> In MainWindow.nib an item "webDrawer" is shown. When I double-click
> it a new window NSDrawer Class Info opens, probably again in dead
> end street. webDrawer in same window is my next choice: on Cmd-
> Shift-i an NSDrawer Info window opens, but no "Enable plug-ins"
> visible.
>
> It seems that I can't do the job based on your How-To ...

Well, it was a lame how-to, but this last try was almost correct.
Sorry, I forget how confusing IB is if you're not used to the thing.
In MainWindow.nib, you should see a gray square with "View" on it,
and below that it says "Web drawer".  Double-click that to open the
drawer's content view, and single-click on the gray "WebView1" that
appears.  Use cmd-shift-i to get info, then choose "Attributes" from
the inspector panel.  You should have a checkbox then for "Enable
plug-ins".

--
Adam

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>