[OS X TeX] Crossrefs and BibDesk

Jon Hanson jkhanson at umich.edu
Tue Jul 5 04:41:54 CEST 2005

> But you can configure this behavior! (Prefs -> Crossref -> Check the
> "Duplicate Title to Booktitle" checkboxes)
> After that it always should behave as desired.
>
> Best,
> Matthias

For a moment, I thought that I had missed something really obvious,
but I already had that preference option checked.  So I am back to
what I wrote earlier: BibDesk leaves Booktitle blank on the child
record when the Booktitle field does not exist on the parent.  The
check box affects the creation of new parent records, and it is older
records that are causing the trouble.  I guess what I need to do is
fix all my older records.

I understand that this auto-creation of the Booktitle field procedure
is due to a problem with BibTex itself.  Have people always entered a
"Booktitle" field for any edited volumes?

It still seems, though, that the child record should not inherit
anything in the Title field for the book/incollection combination.

Jon Hanson
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>