[OS X TeX] i-installer and autotrace

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Jul 5 00:53:13 CEST 2005

On Jul 5, 2005, at 00:17, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2005, at 22:29, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> On the other hand the experimental Autotrace (also of today) doesn't
>> install: it's looking for libfreetype6.dylib, whereas the most recent
>> FreeType includes libfreetype.6.dylib (with a dot between libfreetype
>> and 6):
>
> The current autotrace is broken. And it turns out the current
> autotrace dies on configuration with a newer ImageMagick. Hence it is
> some work to get this fixed.
>
> Tomorrow at the earliest.

autotrace seems not to be maintained anymore. The last version is from
January 2004 and its build (configure) is broken (does not recognize
ImageMagick 6.1.7 as being more recent than 5.2.0). I patched it and
compiled it and it has been uploaded. Autotrace is now dependent on
both Freetype2 and ImageMagick.

So, if all is well, it should work now.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>