[OS X TeX] Questions about makeindex and TeXShop

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Mon Jul 4 16:10:15 CEST 2005

Hi, I tried to use makeindex straight from TeXShop, but it doesn't
seem to work.
If I open, say, file.idx in TeXShop the typesetting command changes
to "MakeIndex", but the typeset button is greyed out and Cmd-T does
nothing.

I have no problem running "makeindex file" from the Terminal but I
wonder why it doesn't work from TeXShop and if there is something I
can do to make it work. Particularly, I have a friend that is
Terminal-shy and I told her she could do it within TeXShop.

As an alternative, I created a little applescript and placed in a
TeXShop macro, which is not that bad, with a key equivalent and all,
but this ought to be unnecessary, right?

Any pointers will be most welcome.

TIA

Luis Sequeira
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>