[OS X TeX] OT: digests

Nicola Cabibbo nicola.cabibbo at roma1.infn.it
Mon Jul 4 13:44:46 CEST 2005

Please count my vote against suppressing the digest service.

Frankly I would prefer to keep the digest. I have posted (carefully)
only a couple of times
over  the years. If you  have problems with "reply" postings from
digest readers, you could
arrange for these "replies" to go to a different maibox, e.g

             MacOSX-TeX-Digest at email.esm.psu.edu

The mailbox could send back an automatic e-mail which essentially says:

     This is an authomatic message, do not reply.

     You should not directly reply to digest messages.
     To intervene in a thread, send a mail to "MacOSX-
TeX at email.esm.psu.edu".

     If you are starting a new thread the subject is simply he title
of the new thread,
     e.g.  "My question on XXX".

     If you are intervening on an existing thread, e.g.
"Existing_Thread"
     the subject should be "Re: [OS X TeX]  Existing_Thread".

The gist of this message could be included in the footer of the
digest e-mails
sent to subscribers. People would learn fast!

Thanks,

     Nicola Cabibbo

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>