[OS X TeX] i-installer and autotrace

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Mon Jul 4 12:08:55 CEST 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 3:47 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> Did you not get a warning on freetype not being available when
> installing autotrace?
>
> Anyway, installing freetype should fix this.

> On 4 Jul 2005, at 03:29, Stephen Moye wrote:
>

>> I installed autotrace using i-installer, but I get this error
>> message when I use it:
>>
>> 21:26 ~: autotrace --help
>> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libfreetype6.dylib
>>   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/autotrace
>>   Reason: image not found
>> Trace/BPT trap
>> 21:26 ~:
>>
>> Any insights?
>>
>> Thanks

Yes, freetype2 was installed, and, no, i-Installer had no complaints
when I installed autotrace. I looked in /usr/local/lib and
libfreetype6.dylib is indeed not there but there are these files:

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin  1821780 Dec 31  2004 /usr/local/lib/
libfreetype.6.3.7.dylib
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root  admin       23 Jul  4 05:58 /usr/local/lib/
libfreetype.6.dylib -> libfreetype.6.3.7.dylib

The closeness of the names prompts me to ask if there is a problem here.

Thanks for your help.

SGM
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>