[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.2 beta

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sun Jul 3 20:02:08 CEST 2005

On Jul 3, 2005, at 1:47 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2005, at 11:01 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>

>> I don't know why I wasn't using Latin Modern, I usually do (need
>> more sleep). I added it and I still get ugly fonts. See the
>> following screen shot:
>>
>> http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/book/LaTeXiT-font-issue.png
>>
>> for which my preamble is:
>>
>> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>> \usepackage{lmodern}
>>
>> This is very odd since it works perfectly in TeXShop.
>>
>> -- Gary
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Not ugly here! Sigh...
>
> Have you tried to drag a copy to the desktop and opened it in
> Preview to see if it's the display within LaTeXiT rather than the
> actual image?

Good suggestion. Unfortunately, it is also pixelated in Preview when
I do this. Interestingly, when I remove the package:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

by deleting it or commenting it out, the fonts look great. I don't
think this should be happening. It doesn't happen when I typeset the
exact same thing using TeXShop.

> Incidentally, the latest version of LaTeXiT does seem to have a
> display problem. If I magnify the text is very blurry until I click
> on the image.
> Good Luck,

I may need it. Does anyone have any other thoughts on why this might
be happening?

-- Gary
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>