[OS X TeX] Crossrefs and BibDesk

Jon Hanson jkhanson at umich.edu
Sat Jul 2 03:25:40 CEST 2005

The recent addition of cross-reference functionality in BibDesk got
me interested in learning how to use cross-references.  I am having
some trouble and can't tell if the problem is my own ignorance or a
small bug in BibDesk.

I wish to refer to separate chapters of an edited volume.  Each
chapter has its own title and authors.  My reading of Kopka & Daly
(3rd ed) led me to think that I should thus use the "book" type for
the parent record and the "incollection" type for the child records.
What I find is that BibDesk pulls the "Title" field from the parent
record and puts it in the "Title" field of the child record, but I
think it should go to the "Booktitle" field.  Am I correct?

Sincerely,

Jon Hanson
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Political Science