[OS X TeX] Recommendations for downloading LaTEX

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 30 21:24:14 CET 2005

On 30 jan 2005, at 19:16, Jan Hegewald wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Am 30.01.2005 um 18:31 schrieb cormullion:
> [...]
>> In fact I was eventually happy with the more familiar procedure of
>> downloading a single huge DMG first, then running the installer
>> locally. Perhaps when I eventually get broadband I’ll get used to
>> different ways of working/thinking.
> [...]
>
> because I have fast Internet access only on a Unix box (and a Wintel
> box, but that´s another story...), I download the i-packages from
> Gerben´s ftp server and install them on my Mac locally.

I thought of suggesting that option, but you'd be downloading far more
than you actually need (like the TL2003, TL2004 and TL2005
distributions that are part of the complete package). Downloading some
160 MB, where 'only' some 55 MB is needed, I'd only recommend that
technique on broadband, not on dial-up.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>