[OS X TeX] Recommendations for downloading LaTEX

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 28 03:37:24 CET 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 8:23 AM, cormullion wrote:

> I’ll take your word for it ... :-) That was only a minor gripe,
> anyway. For now I’ll stick to regular download procedures that work
> well on dial-up.

Look at iGetter, a dedicated download manager:  http://www.igetter.net/

Using this software, you can begin downloading Gerben's TeX-fat.dmg
before you go to bed in the evening, and it will be there in the
morning. You can set iGetter to redial and resume the download
automatically if it becomes disconnected, hang up when it's done, and
if you wish even shut down the computer when it's done. I have no
financial interest in this product, but can testify that I've used it
to download files even larger than TeX-fat.dmg over phone lines with no
problems.

Richard Séguin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>