[OS X TeX] TeXShop find and highlighting

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Jan 27 23:31:18 CET 2005

Herb Shultz wrote:

> I think the focus is on the Find Panel. If you click on the top of the
> text
> window. It will get selected and the selection will be the normal
> color. You
> can also check the ``close when done'' check box in the ``more
> options''
> draw of the Find panel; then the focus comes back to the text window
> when
> the find is complete.

Thanks, that is indeed what is happening. Unfortunately, this behavior
is less than ideal if you are trying to search-and-replace, for example
'dy' with 'dz', and you don't want to change study to studz, for
example. So if anyone knows how to change the color used to show
highlighted text in background windows in the bowels of Mac OS X, I
would appreciate it.

I also have an OT question about Mail.app. I have several different
accounts within Mail. Of course I need to send mail to this mailing
list from the same account that I used to subscribe. Is there a way I
can tell Mail to associate outgoing mail to this list to the right
account? Otherwise, I sometimes send from the wrong account, and my
mail gets bounced back from the list manager. (As just happened.)

Chris

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>