[OS X TeX] Recommendations for downloading LaTEX

cormullion cormullion at mac.com
Thu Jan 27 14:02:42 CET 2005

I’m trying to investigate LATEX, but I’m having difficulty installing anything... :-)

I’ve been recommended the i-Installer, but this doesn’t work for me. It’s much easier for me (still on dial-up) to have resumable downloads from a clearly clickable link on a web page than go through an elaborate and largely-incomprehensible on-line installer. (I’m not sure about granting administrator access while downloading remote software either...)

I just want to install a basic system and start from there. Is there a small and easily downloaded link to a MacOS X Latex system anywhere?

(I downloaded Textures.FREE from BlueSky which was pretty impressive (and only a 8-10MB download). But sadly they seem to have given up developing for OS X.)

thanks for any help
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>