[OS X TeX] TeX Install Problems

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Wed Jan 26 19:29:12 CET 2005

James,

Obviously, I'm just speculating here. There are a few things I can
think of that could be the root of the problem. I suspect that there is
nothing "wrong" with your installation.

While I was composing this message, I got Martin Sneep's reply. I agree
with him, that the problem is probably a mismatch between your new
install of tex and a (probably very) old one. What I would suggest is
to find out what version of TeX (and LaTeX) they use to successfully
compile this document. You'll probably need to install an equally old
TeX. Your best bet for this is probably tetex itself (which underlies
many modern TeXs). The tetex homepage is www.tug.org/teTeX. There is a
tetex mailing list that you can subscribe to and ask where you can find
older versions. You'll probably have to compile it yourself, though.

--
Chris Goedde

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>