[OS X TeX] TeX Install Problems

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Wed Jan 26 19:22:37 CET 2005

On Jan 26, 2005, at 11:57 AM, Joseph C. Slater wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2005, at 12:17 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>
>> Better confess right off the bat that I know nothing about TeX.
>> Consider yourself warned, if you read on.
>>
>> I'm working with a company's publishing system which uses LaTeX.  A
>> local installation isn't critical, but it would help me spot check my
>> work as I go.
>

> Look at line 70 of the document FrontMatter.tex. It looks like there
> is an error in the arguments to \makebox .

I thank you for the tips, but as I said, I'm positive the problem is in
my install or configuration, not the files.

> Depending on how latex is run (default options), it may not be showing
> this error on other systems. Look and see if the resulting file is OK
> (compared well to a run on the other system).

The entire build is run through an automated script and all of these
files are distributed by version control.  So we're all building the
same way using the same files.  I know other team members are on Mac OS
X as well.

> Looks to me like you need something in place of opt, it should be a
> measurement (width of the box). Replace opt with 3in, for example.

It doesn't actually read "opt", it reads "0pt".

James Edward Gray II

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>