[OS X TeX] Converting qtree \Tree(s) to xyling \Tree(s)

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 26 19:10:45 CET 2005

So if I want to start using xyling instead of qtree + tree-dvips, I
will have to go back though scores of documents converting all my trees
written with the qtree and tree-dvips commands to xyling. This seems
impractical and time-consuming.

Could someone suggest the basis for a perl script that I might use for
converting one format to the other? Is such a thing possible?

Alternately, might there be a way to use xyling and qtree
simultaneously? At the moment this seems impossible, since they both
use the \Tree command, but maybe there's a work-around?

thanks again,

Fred Hoyt

Frederick M. Hoyt
www.livejournal.com/users/frederickhoyt