[OS X TeX] re: longtable

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Tue Jan 25 19:37:09 CET 2005

Hi,

Now that I removed the longtable environment from within a table
environment, things are working reasonably well. Except longtable does
not seem to be a float, or at least I found nothing in the LaTeX
Companion or in the longtable documentation to indicate how to force
the longtable to start at the top of the next page.

I have a short (normal) table and the start of a longtable on the same
page, because of the problem reported above. Both are narrow, taking
about 2/3 of the width of a page. But the caption of the normal table
is as wide as the normal text on that page, whereas the caption of the
longtable is only a bit wider than the width of the longtable. This is
quite ugly (is it OK to include screen shots in messages to this list?
Or LaTeX codes to achieve the result is better?). Is there a way to
control the width of table captions?

Sincerely,

Denis Chabot

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>