[OS X TeX] Semi-OT

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 22 18:49:52 CET 2005

On 1/22/05 11:26 AM, "Curtis Clifton" <curt.clifton at mac.com> wrote:

> The only thing I miss is spell checking while I type.  I use Excalibur
> for checking my LaTeX documents and it works great.  I've tried Cocoa
> ASpell, but it doesn't seem to work well with BBEdit's new support for
> spelling services, and in other applications it isn't able to ignore
> TeX commands in check-as-I-type mode (for OS reasons).
>
> Curt

Howdy,

>From some discussion on the BBEdit list I found out that It works, sort-a,in
BBEdit 8 by simply picking the Aspell dictionary. However, BBEdit feeds it
words with \'s, etc., stripped so it can't pick out commands. That is also
what happens with check-as-I-type mode in Cocoa applications. That,
supposedly, is why it can't do the LaTeX checking.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>